Dr. Temitope F. Soares, a Board Certified Dermatologist, welcomes you to Advanced Associates in Dermatology. Dr Soares has many years of experience in treating a variety of skin condition for patients of all ages and is one of the few dermatologists in the Houston Metropolitan and surrounding areas who also sees pediatric patients. It is his strong belief that patients need not wait months or even weeks to receive excellent dermatology care. To this end, at AAD we provide extended weekday hours as well as Saturday appointments. Same day, and next day appointments are always available.Dr Soares’ practice includes medical, surgical, pediatric, and cosmetic dermatology. He places primary importance on compassionate, attentive, and competent care which puts the patient’s interest above all other considerations.We focus on providing our patients the finest quality of care and our staff is courteous, personable and helpful. We do our very best to ensure that you feel comfortable from the moment you enter our office. At AAD, we strive and promise to always be Available, Accessible, and Dependable. Call today to book an appointment and let us be your family dermatologist! Dr. Soares serves patients requiring dermatology treatment in Cypress, Tomball, Humble, Kingwood, Spring, The Woodlands, Conroe, Katy, and the greater Houston area.
Temitope Soares, PharmD, M.D., FAAD.
Board Certified Dermatologist
- Jun 1999 – Jul 2000: Staff Registered Pharmacist; K-Mart Pharmacy, Winder, GA
- Jul 2004 – Jun 2005: Medical Intern; Columbus Regional Healthcare Hospital, Columbus, GA
- Jul 2005 – Jun 2008: Resident, Dermatology Department, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
- Jul 2008 – Aug 2010: Dermatologist, Sadler Clinic, The Woodlands, TX
- 08/1984 – 07/1988: Lagos State University, Lagos, Nigeria, BS Chemistry/Education
- 07/1995 – 05/1999: University of Georgia College of Pharmacy, Athens, Georgia, Pharm.D
- 07/2000 – 05/2004: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA. M.D.
- Physician License: States of Arizona, Georgia, and Texas
- Registered Pharmacist: States of Arizona and Georgia
- Board Certification: Dermatology, 2008-2018
- 1998 Election to Rho Chi Pharmacy Honor Society
- 2000-2002 University System of Georgia Regent’s Scholar, Athens, GA
- 2000-2004 Robert E Stoney Medical Society Scholar, Augusta, GA
- 2001 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Award for Population Health Research
- 2003 Election to Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society
- 2003 Minority Medical Educators’ Association Scholarship Award
- 2007 AAD Scholarship Award to the World Congress of Dermatology in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Oct 2007
- 2007 AAD International Meeting Award to the British Association of Dermatology Annual Meeting in Birmingham, England, Jul 2007
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND SOCIETIES
- 2004 to present: American Academy of Dermatology
- 2004 to present: Phoenix Dermatologic Society
- 2004 to present: American Medical Association
- 2005-2006: Medical Volunteer at Las Fuentes Medical Clinic, Las Fuentes, AZ
- Jul 2006: Medical Staff Volunteer at AAD-sponsored Camp Discovery JuniorCamp, MN
- Jan 2007: Medical Volunteer at AAD Skin Cancer Screening Program; Scottsdale, AZ
- Jul 2010: Medical Mission Trip to Haiti
- Mar 2008: Soares, T, et al. Factors Leading to the Biopsy of 1547 Pigmented Lesions at Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona in 2005. Submitted to JAAD Mar 2008
- Feb 2008: The Cutaneous Spectrum of Nutritional Deficiencies: Poster Presentation at the 66th AAD Conference, San Antonio, TX
- Oct 2007: Zinc Deficiency in Breast-Fed Infant with Eczematous Eruption. A Poster Presentation at World Congress of Dermatology, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Oct 2007
- Feb 2007: Neutrophillic Fixed Drug Eruption: Poster presentation at 65th AAD Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Feb 2007: Eruptive Vellus Hair Cysts: Poster presentation at 65th AAD Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Feb 2007: Soares, T, Dicaudo, D, Warschaw, K. Heparin Hypersensitivity Reaction. JAAD ;56(2); AB78, March 2007
- Dec. 2006: Soares, T, Davis, M. Success and Cost-Effectiveness of Goeckerman Regimen in Biologic-Resistant Psoriasis. Archives of Dermatology: 143(7) July 2007.
- Aug 2006: Soares, TF, Fichtel, J, Duckworth,A, Lesher, J. Subcutaneous Sarcoidosis Presenting after Treatment of Cushing’s Disease. JAAD: 54(2); 360-361. August 2007
- Jan 2006:Generalized Granuloma Annulare; Presented at the Phoenix Dermatology Open Conference
- Oct 2005: Ulceronecrotic PLEVA in a pediatric patient; Presented at the Phoenix Dermatologic Society meeting
Advanced Associates in Dermatology serves patients requiring dermatology treatment in Cypress, Tomball, Humble, Kingwood, Spring, The Woodlands, Conroe, Katy, and the greater Houston area.